Monday 25 January 2016

ART ATTACK

The past couple of nights have been not so pleasant to yours truly because I have been battling insomnia and painsomnia (lack of sleep due to severe  pain) in equal measure. My doctor prescribed some pain meds for me ‘Tramadol' which have been so helpful and pain relieving but my insomnia still needs intervention. Last week we tried meditation and I ended up sleeping in his office (lol) but when I self meditate I cannot sleep, but it does help me relax. During such nights I try channeling my energy into something productive and so I decided to do something I hadn’t done in a while...paint.

"Be productive not busy". Unknown


 I am not exactly what you would call an artist, but I can sketch, scribble or doodle once in a while. When it comes to painting I like creating patterns or painting abstracts but this time I wanted something slightly different. The following are the tools I used;

Blank canvas/ sketchpad
Pencils
Rubber eraser
Acrylic paint
Artist brushes number 2-9

Pencils and brushes

Acrylic paint

Then I started sketching. Initially I wanted to sketch Queen Nefertiti but my sketching game was at an all time low so I settled for a portrait of an African woman, with what I intended to be a ‘colorful personality’, please don’t laugh it sounded better in my head.

Shaping the nose and the mouth was quite the task but I tried.



Then I started painting and opted for blue as my backdrop.

At around 10.00 am in the morning I was done and feeling quite pleased with myself. My social media pages and timelines were flocked with these images.

That highlight and contour game lol


I hate to blow my own horn but I think I did alright on this one, don’t you think so?


Final piece


No comments:

Post a Comment